Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD
Reload this Page >

DC-3 / LI-2 / ЛИ-2 / Scale M1:5 by Hungarian modeler

Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

DC-3 / LI-2 / ЛИ-2 / Scale M1:5 by Hungarian modeler

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2024, 12:15 AM
JOZSEF

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Reuben-here is my Google Drive LI-2 address:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...eVYEyeVHO_G06G
This movie only shows the process of drawing the middle part of the wing as I drew it.
PERSPECTIVE VIEW

Old 05-07-2024, 01:15 AM
F86_SABRE

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello Jozsef,
Thank you for the link. It is coming along very nice. It looks good! In my opinion, at this design stage, you should consider that:
  • the nose cone could be made with the possibility to open and close so that batteries or lead could be placed as forward as possible.
  • the two formers behind the cabin (i.e. the three formers between the cabin and the wing section, should be changed to either place the air cylinders, if pneumatic retracts will be used or if an electric retract system will be used than you could make a tray with Velcro bands. Both are in front of the CG.
  • You should also start thinking of the how the landing gear is to be hooked up in the engine nacelle. Perhaps a bit too early but an saying this now so that you can prepare on how to install the landing gear. Please note that ROBART are not manufacturing anymore retracts and struts.
These are just my observations.
I think you may have a winner here Joszef so I encourage you to keep going!
I am watching!

Reuben