Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

1/5 scale K2 black panther tank

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

1/5 scale K2 black panther tank

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2024, 04:17 PM
PE YOUNG

Received 60 Likes on 45 Posts

Two servos, which will be in charge of vertical operations of the main gun ordered on March 21, came home yesterday, more than 20 days after entering Korea from China.
In the process of reflecting the amendment to receive the correct product through correction due to a large amount of government VAT due to the incorrect application of HS code by an agent in charge of customs clearance, there were two dismissals by the Korean Customs Service, so I paid the incorrectly measured tax and received it, and I'm going to take the process of getting the tax back.

When I tried to work with a dedicated programmer of GX SERVO, which I had bought first to reverse the direction of one of the servos I received yesterday, I found that the servo programmer was defective.
The product was sent without three pins for the servo interface.
I found out that their QC level was terrible, so I doubt that their servos will work well.
I tried soldering three wires to the servo programmer myself and connecting them to the servo, but the computer and USB dongle recognize each other's signal, but the dongle and the servo could not recognize each other.
The dongle couldn't read the parameters of the servo, so it eventually decided to return it through AliExpress, notified the existing buyer of this and ordered a new product at the same time to save time.
I also asked him to thoroughly check the quality before delivery.
First of all, I will install a servo reverse switch in one servo to work with the reverse direction, and I will adjust the length of the push rod to match the centers of the two servos.
Later, when a new programmer comes, I will try to reverse the direction and adjust the center through the programmer.

And while waiting for the new servo, I decided to modify some devices through various trials.

1. I decided to replace the motor that controls the level of the turret with the planetary gear motor from the currently installed worm gear type.
When the horizontal stabilizer was turned on during the test operation and the excessive left and right pivot was intentionally performed, it was found that the current worm gear could not withstand and was crushed.
Therefore, I decided to replace it with an impact-resistant planetary gear type motor that was applied when manufacturing 1/6 scale Chieftain and ordered an additional motor.

2. The test was carried out after replacing the gear ratio to speed up the heavy RC tank of the Big Scale.
I found out that when I excessively adjusted the dependent gear ratio to increase the speed as much as possible, the torque loss of the engine was severe and the engine was too much.
I found out the limitations of the proper gear placement based on the current engine, so I decided to adjust the gear placement to the proper level again.

These operations will be carried out from next week.

2 servos for vertical control of main gun arrived in 21 days

150KG.cm GXservo

150KG.cm GXservo

Programmers exclusively for GX servos that arrived defective

There are no three servo connecting pins

Trying to use three strands by soldering them directly

Connect PC, Servo programmer and Servo

PC program fails to read servo parameters, then decides to return defective products

Servo signal reverse switch

Configure the servo to be installed temporarily

The worm gear motor currently installed, the horizontal stabilizer ON, and the gear is broken in the sharp left and right pivot turns

Plan to install 2 planetary gears for horizontal control to be replaced

Last edited by PE YOUNG; 04-13-2024 at 02:11 AM.
Old 04-13-2024, 02:02 AM
PE YOUNG

Inside the worm gearbox that was damaged during the rapid horizontal stabilization test of the turret

Inside the worm gearbox that was damaged during the rapid horizontal stabilization test of the turret

Identified that the gear teeth were also damaged

Extreme speed-up gear ratio to maximize speed

Extreme speed boosters and sprockets to maximize speed - set to decelerate again
Old 04-23-2024, 05:00 AM
PE YOUNG

Replace petrol supply pump

Replace with 200 RPM planetary gear DC motor for turret rotation control (existing: worm gear motor)

Add a hole for motor shaft withdrawal to a new location for installing the planetary gear motor

Installation of holes for planetary gear motor installation

Move existing worm gear motor position to new planetary gear position

Installation of planetary gear motor

Preparing to cut the motor shaft

Motor shaft cutting

Clean up the cutting surface after cutting the motor shaft

Clean up the cutting surface after cutting the motor shaft

Planetary gear motor and new drive gear

Planetary gear motor and new drive gear

Reinstalling the front top cover

Installation of front upper cover retaining bolts

Installation of the middle upper cover